Twenty Thirteen: plugins cannot filter `the_content` for Gallery post format on index views
|Reported by:||RDall||Owned by:|
|Component:||Bundled Theme||Keywords:||close has-patch|
Using the sharing widget of Jet Pack in Twenty Thirteen the sharing widget doesn't show under the gallery like it does on all other posts.
See Post Format Gallery Screenhot: http://cl.ly/image/1B3f2A1A051y
(It does so on the single post format page, just not the front or search pages event though the search pages are clicked.)
But it does seem to show in Post Format Quote and Page.
See Screenshot: http://cl.ly/image/0X1t120A360l
Note: I did see this on the my own child theme on my own website. But I checked it with Twenty Thirteen and it is replicated.
See Forums post for further info. I first though it was Jetpack and not Twenty Thirteen.
George Stephanis suggests it's due to a ifcheck:
Due to the ifcheck you can see there, it looks like the_content() never actually fires sometimes. As the sharing buttons tie in via a filter on the_content(), that filter would never actually fire.
Change History (33)
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed
- Version changed from trunk to 3.6
comment:4 @lancewillett — 18 months ago
- Summary changed from Twenty Thirteen - Jetpack Sharing buttons not available on post format gallery to Twenty Thirteen - Jetpack Sharing buttons not available on index view for Gallery post format
comment:11 follow-up: ↓ 12 @lancewillett — 17 months ago
- Summary changed from Twenty Thirteen - Jetpack Sharing buttons not available on index view for Gallery post format to Twenty Thirteen: plugins cannot filter `the_content` for Gallery post format on index views
comment:12 in reply to: ↑ 11 @RDall — 17 months ago
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed