Document WP_Query and related class arguments
|Reported by:||DrewAPicture||Owned by:||DrewAPicture|
It's been a long time coming, but here we are.
We've never had a fully documented list of WP_Query and related class arguments in core docs, however, with the inline docs effort in full swing, and the Code Reference on the way, there's an increasing urgency to have this list in place.
And there's no better time to start than now.
Goals of this ticket:
- Document all accepted WP_Query arguments
- Document all related class arguments, including:
- WP_Tax_Query arguments
- WP_Date_Query arguments
- WP_Meta_Query arguments
Goals of a future ticket:
- Remove duplicated WP_Query argument docs elsewhere in core inline docs.
- Back-reference mentions of accepting WP_Query parameters to the WP_Query docs
The attached patch is a relatively complete start to this effort.
Constructive input is welcome and encouraged for hashing out:
- What arguments should or shouldn't be documented
- Descriptions of said arguments in WP_Query or related classes
- Defaults and Accepted values for said arguments
Let's get to it.
Change History (19)
comment:1 @DrewAPicture — 19 months ago
- Owner set to DrewAPicture
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:8 @DrewAPicture — 17 months ago
- Milestone changed from 3.8 to Future Release
- Type changed from task (blessed) to defect (bug)
- Keywords needs-refresh needs-docs added; dev-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.0
comment:16 @DrewAPicture — 10 months ago
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed