blog_charset should be checked for null values
|Reported by:||ZaMoose||Owned by:|
We've encountered an error wherein a blog in a multisite network's blog_charset was nuked. This led to posts entered from the editor (visual and text) having random bits eaten. This was particularly pronounced when using text copied from Word documents. This is related to #23688, I think.
It seems as though PHP 5.4 makes some weird assumptions when you have a blank/null charset. Suggest we check for null values and fall back to, say, UTF-8 if none is found.
@grantlandram, @dkotter and I found this one under duress.
Change History (9)
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release