More semantic markup for the post formats metabox
|Reported by:||tsiger||Owned by:||obenland|
|Component:||Post Formats||Keywords:||has-patch commit|
|Focuses:||ui, accessibility, administration||Cc:|
I think there is room for improvement in the markup used to populate the post formats list in the metabox which currently looks like:
Instead of using a div as a container and br tags to keep things in place as a list I replaced the div with ul and put every post format item within a li and now looks like:
I think it's semantically better now (it's a list of items after all). Checked the appearance in all major browsers (RTL too) and looks the same.
Also it is easier now for someone to target with CSS only a specific post format radio button and possible apply some extra styles to its container (li).
Change History (19)
- Summary changed from Proposed HTML changes for the post formats metabox in the Add to Proposed HTML changes for the post formats metabox
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Summary changed from Proposed HTML changes for the post formats metabox to More semantic markup for the post formats metabox
- Owner changed from davidakennedy to obenland
- Status changed from assigned to accepted