Twenty Fourteen: Featured Content Slider problems in IE10+ with touch
|Reported by:||celloexpressions||Owned by:|
|Component:||Bundled Theme||Keywords:||needs-patch early|
Copied over from #26189 (screenshots available there)
IE 9 Mobile (Windows Phone 7.5)
- Surprisingly, only one issue: no Genericons. We might want to consider adding fallbacks for the menu and search icons; I think the others are non-essential. In Twenty Thirteen the search icon was a png at least, and we had more colors to deal with (#23985).
IE 10 Mobile (Windows Phone 8)
- When featured content slider is in use, impossible to scroll down the homepage in landscape mode (swiping up and down moves the slider, but doesn't scroll and the slider and header fill the entire screen). Can sometimes get past it by pulling down, then quickly up on the header area and relying on kinetic scrolling.
- It takes a very particular technique to avoid the link being activated instead of activating the slider when swiping left/right on the homepage featured content area. The link is almost always activated instead.
IE 11 "Immersive" (Windows 8.1)
- Same slider interaction issue as above -- swiping results in triggering the link unless you go super slow.
- Touch targets are generally good, but I consistently have trouble with the category links. I think we need to either add some more spacing or bump the font size there to optimize the experience for touch users (literally everywhere else was good).
Change History (13)
comment:1 @lancewillett — 18 months ago
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.8
- Priority changed from normal to low
comment:11 @lancewillett — 18 months ago
- Keywords early added
- Milestone changed from 3.8 to Future Release
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.