Improve Handling of "Blank" Dashboard Columns
|Reported by:||kraftbj||Owned by:||johnbillion|
|Component:||Administration||Keywords:||has-patch has-screenshots commit|
With the new Dash improvements, on wide monitors, four columns exist for dashboard widgets.
If the user is not using all visible, a blank, dotted-borded box is displayed.
This can be confusing to users who don't realize they can drag the widget to those spaces, thinking the dotted lines are placeholders for future widgets.
Ideas for improvements:
- Change the dotted box to some type of note that widgets can now be moved there.
- If not being used, show a smaller blank indicator to maximize the size of the columns being used (A compromise for those who don't want 3 or 4 columns while keeping our fully responsive goal).
Change History (22)
11 months ago
- Keywords 4.5-early added; ux-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
10 months ago
- Keywords 4.5-early removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.5