Buttons in Themes Popup do not identify themselves to AT
|Reported by:||grahamarmfield||Owned by:||SergeyBiryukov|
|Component:||Themes||Keywords:||has-patch commit fixed-major|
Within the themes.php page, if I activate one of the themes displayed, a modal popup appears.
At the top of the popup are three buttons - Show prev theme, show next theme, and close overlay.
These buttons may not be fully accessible by screen readers as the 'labels' for the buttons are provided in an alt attribute. The alt attribute is not a valid attribute on the <button> element. NVDA does not voice the alt attribute, although JAWS does.
Some other way will need to be found to ensure that all AT can access the purpose of these buttons.
Change History (11)
- Component changed from Accessibility to Themes
- Focuses accessibility added
comment:5 SergeyBiryukov — 2 months ago
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.8.2
- Version changed from trunk to 3.8
comment:6 SergeyBiryukov — 2 months ago
- Owner set to SergeyBiryukov
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:7 SergeyBiryukov — 2 months ago
- Keywords commit fixed-major added
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened