Incorporate preview of inserted galleries in the visual editor using a new version of the wpview tinymce plugin
|Reported by:||gcorne||Owned by:|
Wouldn't it be awesome if galleries instead of showing a bland placeholder after inserting a gallery in the editor, the images were rendered in a nice grid instead? Let's see if we can make it happen.
The goal is for this serve as the first implementation of what will hopefully be a full suite of "views" that replace shortcodes and oembeds with a better representation of the content.
- Support copying, cutting, and pasting of the block
- Handle undo/redo of all operations without adding behind-the-scenes operations to the stack
- Support dragging the block
- Work on touch-based devices
- Able to easily position caret before or after the block and either paste or type
- Update gallery when images are added, removed, reordered, or any of the other settings are changed
- Allow themes and plugins to override the presentation