Unify media controls
|Reported by:||melchoyce||Owned by:||helen|
3.9 is bringing us tons of media improvements! This is super exciting. Let's make sure our new media elements have a unified UI. The attached image shows what an image, gallery, audio playlist, video playlist, and audio file currently look like in a post.
To quickly summarize where we currently stand:
- Images have a full-width, transparent black overlay with the "image" icon on the left and "x" on the right
- Galleries have an opaque black overlay with the "gallery" icon and "x" icon clustered together on the left
- Audio and playlists don't have an overlay; editing is brought up by double-clicking the block
How can we make all three of these a consistent experience? Should the "edit" media button be that specific media type's icon (image, gallery, audio, audio playlist, video playlist) or should we use a generic "edit" icon for all of these blocks?
Change History (47)
- Component changed from Administration to Editor
- Focuses administration added
- Type changed from enhancement to task (blessed)
comment:31 @helen — 18 months ago
- Owner set to helen
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed