Set/Get the current URL in the Theme Customizer
|Reported by:||TJNowell||Owned by:||ocean90|
Description (last modified by westonruter)
When opening the theme customiser, the url query parameter sets the page shown in the preview pane, however a user can navigate away by clicking links in the preview pane.
This is fine for global background colours, but becomes a problem if you try to do anything contextual with the customiser controls.
It would be useful to also set this URL. For example, if I have a control that configures the layout of the category archive, it would make sense to provide a means to navigate to a category archive automatically.
I would suggest this be done using PostMessage, and be implemented in the preview, so that calls like this:
could be used like this:
Change History (11)
comment:1 @johnbillion — 16 months ago
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Type changed from enhancement to feature request
- Version set to 3.4
comment:2 @westonruter — 14 months ago
- Component changed from Administration to Appearance
- Description modified (diff)
comment:5 @westonruter — 14 months ago
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 4.0
- Keywords commit added
- Type changed from feature request to enhancement