Make WordPress Core

Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

Last modified 10 years ago

#27871 closed defect (bug) (duplicate)

Twenty Fourteen: pot file of theme shipped with WP 3.9 is obsolete

Reported by: chouby's profile Chouby Owned by:
Milestone: Priority: normal
Severity: normal Version: 3.9
Component: Bundled Theme Keywords:
Focuses: Cc:

Description

Although the version number of Twenty Fourteen has not been bumped, the theme shipped with WP 3.9 is different from the theme originally shipped with WP 3.8. The new theme contains new strings but the pot file has not been updated resulting in untranslated strings in all localized versions.

Related #27843

Change History (3)

#1 @lancewillett
10 years ago

  • Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
  • Resolution set to duplicate
  • Status changed from new to closed

Duplicate of #27843.

#2 in reply to: ↑ description @SergeyBiryukov
10 years ago

Replying to Chouby:

The new theme contains new strings but the pot file has not been updated resulting in untranslated strings in all localized versions.

FWIW, GlotPress appears to have all the new strings from [27589] and [27661]:
http://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp/dev/twentyfourteen

I was able to translate them there and export as a .po file.

#3 @Chouby
10 years ago

I downloaded WP 3.9 (non localized version from wordpres.org) yesterday and the pot file of twenty fourteen did not include the new strings. Here is the header:

"Project-Id-Version: Twenty Fourteen 1.0\n"
"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: http://wordpress.org/tags/twentyfourteen\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2014-03-18 19:16:26+00:00\n"
"MIME-Version: 1.0\n"
"Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8\n"
"Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2014-MO-DA HO:MI+ZONE\n"
"Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>\n"
"Language-Team: LANGUAGE <LL@li.org>\n"

I then downloaded the French mo file from http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/fr_FR/branches/3.9/messages/twentyfourteen/ and the translations were for the old strings (did not check the po file though). That's why I thought the wrong pot file may mess something. I did not check translate.wordpress.org.

I just checked again now and the WordPress package still includes the wrong pot file.
And for French translation, the po file is the right one "PO-Revision-Date: 2014-04-16 16:23+0100\n" with translation just updated one hour ago. And the mo file still translates the old strings (but I don't know if the mo file is generated by the translators or if there is some automatic compilation from online po file done every xx hours).

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.