Better handling of users with no role
|Reported by:||markjaquith||Owned by:||markjaquith|
user tables can be shared across multiple blogs, but roles and permissions are allocated on a per-blog basis. We need better handling of users with no role on the current blog.
- In the user list, there is no role listed for people who don't have one. We should replace this with text such as "No role on this blog" and italicize it so that it appears different from the other role names.
- * Screenshot of issue: http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/9127/wpusernoperms6ox.png
- When you edit a user with no role on the current blog, the role dropdown list doesn't match any role, so it just uses the first one... Administrator on default setups! This means that when you edit a user via the user administration panel on a blog on which that user has no role, you have to give that user a role on the current blog, and that role will be "Administrator" if you aren't paying attention. We need to create a new entry in the dropdown list "No role on this blog" and use that for users without a role.
I'll be working on patches for these issues.
Change History (6)
11 years ago
- Keywords has-patch 2nd-opinion added
- Owner changed from anonymous to markjaquith
- Status changed from new to assigned
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.