Improve the Customize experience on mobile
|Reported by:||celloexpressions||Owned by:||ocean90|
The Customizer currently works on mobile, despite what you might think. Utilizing the "collapse" function, it's possible to change settings and switch back and forth between the controls and the preview window. But the experience doesn't work on every device (there are some scrolling issues), and could be much smoother and more intuitive.
The controls part of the Customizer is already mobile-optimized - at 300px wide, it works quite well on mobile and the only major issues are with things like the widget-adder that pop out of the main control panel. Similarly, the preview works down to tablet-sized devices with responsive themes, although it continues to be squeezed to unrealistic widths on smaller devices.
We should look at revamping the Customizer experience on smaller devices - anything smaller than about 620px wide can't realistically be used in the standard controls/preview mode. For this ticket, the goal is to make the cosmetic tweaks necessary to streamline the Customization experience on mobile, most likely by hiding the preview at a certain point and highlighting the ability to switch between the controls and the preview.
Change History (66)
3 years ago
3 years ago
- Keywords ui-feedback ux-feedback added
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.1
- Keywords needs-patch added; ui-feedback ux-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from 4.1 to Future Release
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch 4.2-early removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.2
- Keywords ux-feedback close added; needs-patch dev-feedback removed