There is no error reporting in the Customizer (for upload failures)
|Reported by:||Fab1en||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by westonruter)
As far as I know, there is no way to display an error to the user when he/she is using the theme customizer.
An error that I'm facing some time to time when I test WordPress locally is when wp-content/uploads is not writable. Then, uploading a new image to use as a background in the customizer does not work, but this fails silently.
This error reporting should be built-in inside WP_Customize_Control class so that any control that extends this class can throws a custom error and displays it to the user.
Depends on #35210.
Change History (21)
3 years ago
- Summary changed from There is no error reporting in the cistomizer to There is no error reporting in the Customizer
2 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
16 months ago
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.5
12 months ago
7 months ago
7 months ago
- Keywords reporter-feedback added
- Milestone changed from 4.7 to Awaiting Review
- Owner westonruter deleted
- Summary changed from There is no error reporting in the Customizer to There is no error reporting in the Customizer (for upload failures)
2 months ago
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from assigned to closed