WordPress.org

Make WordPress Core

Opened 8 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

#3065 closed defect (bug) (worksforme)

Ampersand in URL patch (needed as rss validation failed in a syndicated blog)

Reported by: murky Owned by:
Milestone: Priority: normal
Severity: normal Version:
Component: Feeds Keywords: needs-patch reporter-feedback
Focuses: Cc:

Description

I have a wordpress installation where I was drawing feeds in from elsewhere, sme of these feeds had & in the wrong places (e.g. urls) and this gave me validation issues.

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I patched it. Now, the current trunk is different from my installation, feed-functions.php has been moved into feeds.php for instance, so this patch is slightly different to my installation. I hope that this won't cause an unforeseen problem!

Attachments (2)

patch.txt (1.5 KB) - added by murky 8 years ago.
This is my first ever wordpress core patch submission! It aims to fix a problem I had with ampersands when syndicating feeds.
patch2.txt (1.4 KB) - added by murky 8 years ago.
Second try at the patch (should be 'neater', but untested)

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (15)

murky8 years ago

This is my first ever wordpress core patch submission! It aims to fix a problem I had with ampersands when syndicating feeds.

comment:1 foolswisdom8 years ago

  • Resolution set to duplicate
  • Status changed from new to closed

In #3064, I don't think Mark was suggesting to open a new ticket. Closing this ticket as a duplicate of #3064.

comment:2 foolswisdom8 years ago

  • Resolution duplicate deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

Reopening, this is the THE ticket.

comment:3 ryan8 years ago

Maybe move the amp code into an amp() function residing in formatting.php.

comment:4 murky8 years ago

Okay, I've tried the suggestions - not yet tried 'live' though (unlike the original patch). Attaching new patch.

murky8 years ago

Second try at the patch (should be 'neater', but untested)

comment:5 ryan7 years ago

  • Milestone set to 2.1

comment:6 matt7 years ago

  • Milestone changed from 2.1 to 2.2

comment:7 foolswisdom7 years ago

  • Milestone changed from 2.2 to 2.3

comment:8 ryan7 years ago

  • Milestone changed from 2.3 to 2.4

comment:9 westi6 years ago

  • Keywords needs-testing added
  • Milestone changed from 2.5 to 2.6

Patch needs testing. Moving to 2.6 for now and marking for test.

comment:10 Denis-de-Bernardy5 years ago

  • Component changed from Administration to Feeds
  • Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch needs-testing removed

The_permalink_rss is still being used around, apparently without esc_url(). Might have missed something, though. But it's potentially problematic if permalinks aren't turned on.

comment:11 peaceablewhale5 years ago

  • Keywords report-feedback added

I think this report needs some steps to reproduce.

comment:12 peaceablewhale5 years ago

  • Keywords reporter-feedback added; report-feedback removed

comment:13 Denis-de-Bernardy5 years ago

  • Milestone 2.9 deleted
  • Resolution set to worksforme
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

closing this in the meanwhile, it's been rotting for years

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.