WordPress.org

Make WordPress Core

Opened 5 years ago

Closed 17 months ago

#31961 closed defect (bug) (worksforme)

Ajax response when categories delete

Reported by: tadaimushi Owned by:
Milestone: Priority: normal
Severity: normal Version: 4.2
Component: Taxonomy Keywords: reporter-feedback
Focuses: administration Cc:

Description

Hello guys, when i try to delete categories, i found some bugs after i click delete categories there appear ajax response message about

An unidentified error has occurred.

And also when i try save the categories the page doesn't refresh as ajax automatically, so i need manually refresh, are that a bugs or that was the new policy from WordPress, i still looking for the best solutions, any suggestions?

Or just me who find this bugs :)

Change History (9)

#1 @SergeyBiryukov
5 years ago

  • Component changed from General to Taxonomy
  • Focuses administration added
  • Keywords reporter-feedback added

Hi tadaimushi, thank you for the report.

Does it still happen with all plugins disabled and a default theme (Twenty Fifteen or Twenty Fourteen) activated?

#2 follow-up: @tadaimushi
5 years ago

yes it still happen, i was try deactivated all plugin, and i try this in twenty eleven theme..

Does adblock affect it?

#3 in reply to: ↑ 2 @boonebgorges
5 years ago

Replying to tadaimushi:

yes it still happen, i was try deactivated all plugin, and i try this in twenty eleven theme..

Does adblock affect it?

Probably not, but it's possible that you're having problems due to some combination of server setup and browser configuration.

Does AJAX work anywhere on your WP site? (For example, can you use the Customizer successfully? How about reordering widgets?) Are you running SSL/HTTPS? Have you reproduced the problem on multiple browsers? Is this happening for different user types (Administrator and Editor)?

#4 @tadaimushi
5 years ago

  • Resolution set to worksforme
  • Status changed from new to closed

#5 @netweb
5 years ago

  • Milestone Awaiting Review deleted

#6 @dubh
4 years ago

  • Resolution worksforme deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

I'm experiencing this issue with v4.5.3.

Steps

  1. When I add a term on the edit-tags.php page, the table is not updated and the form is not cleared.
  2. When I refresh the page, the table shows that the term was added.
  3. When I delete a term on that page, I receive the "unidentified error" notice and the table is not updated.
  4. When I refresh the page, the table shows that the term was deleted.

Tests

  • Tested on a dev install of WordPress v4.5.3 with several plugins activated (used database).
  • Tested on a fresh install of WordPress v4.5.3 without any plugins activated (new database).
  • Tested on Chrome 51.
  • Tested on Internet Explorer 11.
  • Tested with Administrator and Editor accounts.

Notes

  • There are no relevant hooks in the theme's functions.php.
  • The admin theme is the default theme.
  • Widget reordering works.
  • The server is not configured to use SSL/HTTPS.
  • No errors reported in the Chrome Developer Tools console.
  • No errors reported in the PHP error log.

Related Issues

#7 @SergeyBiryukov
4 years ago

  • Milestone set to Awaiting Review

#8 @moeloubani1
3 years ago

I noticed this issue recently when working on a site that had lots of posts imported from another database and assigned to a custom taxonomy. After importing ~15k posts and ~100 taxonomies or so I found 9 or so entries in the wp_term_relationships table with an object_id of 0.

Once I deleted those rows (and because they were just relationships with an object with an ID of 0, so basically nothing I guess) it fixed things and I was able to delete the taxonomy without getting the error.

#9 @boonebgorges
17 months ago

  • Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
  • Resolution set to worksforme
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

Functionality is working as expected for me. As noted above, this could be due in specific cases to malformed data in the taxonomy tables. If it could be shown that this malformed data is caused by WP core, then we could reopen the ticket to reassess.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.