Customizer Menus: cannot save a menu with the same name as an existing menu
|Reported by:||designsimply||Owned by:||westonruter|
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to Customize > Menus on a WordPress blog running at least r32806 (preferably the latest though)
- If there are not already existing menus, create and save at least one menu.
- Create a 2nd menu and name it exactly the same as one of the existing menus.
- Add some items to the 2nd menu that are different than the first so you can distinguish them after save.
- Save changes.
- Go back to the main menus panel and re-open the menu you just tried to create.
Result: the new menu fails silently and doesn't get saved if it has the same name as an existing menu.
Screencast: 40s no audio
Seen at http://whatisinfinity.com/wp-admin/customize.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatisinfinity.com%2Fwp-admin%2F with WordPress 4.3-alpha-32909 + 32678.2.diff using Firefox 38.0.5 on Mac OSX 10.10.3.
It should probably warn you against creating a menu with the same name and not let you continue until the name is unique.
Found in user testing. See https://make.wordpress.org/design/2015/05/27/customizer-menus-user-testing/#comment-24599
Change History (31)
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 4.3
- Severity changed from normal to major
- Version set to trunk
22 months ago
- Owner set to westonruter
- Status changed from new to accepted