clean_url() not working for non-HTTP URLS
|Reported by:||redclown||Owned by:||pishmishy|
Running: WordPress 2.0.5 with Firefox 2.0 on Windows XP
I used to be able to include a "mailto:" link in my sidebar. Now, every time I add a mailto link, WordPress converts it to a web page link (http://) and removes the @ character from the link. This happens when a mailto link is added from the Link Manager.
So, for example, mailto:myname@… becomes http://mynamegmail.com. Which, of course, is useless.
I reverted back to version 2.0 and the problem went away, which suggests this is a bug in the current version.
Change History (19)
comment:1 follow-up: ↓ 2 @Viper007Bond — 9 years ago
- Component changed from Administration to Template
comment:3 @JeremyVisser — 9 years ago
- Component changed from Template to General
- Version set to 2.0.5
comment:5 @pishmishy — 8 years ago
- Owner changed from anonymous to pishmishy
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Summary changed from @ character stripped from mailto link, http:// inserted in string to clean_url() not working for non-HTTP URLS