Site search in "Network Admin" returns less results than expected; frequently none
|Reported by:||tthorp||Owned by:||jeremyfelt|
|Component:||Networks and Sites||Keywords:||has-patch needs-unit-tests needs-testing|
In a multi-site Network, a search of "users" or "sites" requires a perfect match of certain fields in order to return result. Typically, for the way I am using it, the result is "No users found."
It seems that the search works fine if the search string is equal to a field value such as "username" or "path", but it does not search last name for matches. Additionally, it would be preferable to users like me if the search string was loosely matched or surrounded with wildcards.
I run a university blog service and we have hundreds of sites and thousands of users, so my use cases that are failing to work are as follows.
1) "FIND USERS BY LAST NAME": navigate to Network Admin > Users and search for a user by typing their last name in the search field in the upper right and pressing search. Currently this search will only find complete and exact matches of usernames. To use an example, Josiah Carberry's username is jcarberr9. I can find him if I search jcarberr9, but not if I search for carberry or Carberry.
2) "FIND SITES BY PORTION OF PATH": navigate to Network Admin > Sites and search for a site by typing a portion of the sitename in the search field in the upper right and pressing search. In my case, it would be useful use a portion of a course code in the search, so if I wanted to see all blogs for the Psychology department, I could just search for PSY.
Change History (23)
18 months ago
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 4.4
- Owner set to johnbillion
- Status changed from new to accepted
in reply to:
17 months ago
- Keywords has-patch dev-feedback added; needs-patch removed
17 months ago
- Keywords needs-unit-tests needs-testing added
- Milestone changed from 4.4 to Future Release
- Summary changed from user and site search in "Network Admin" returns less results than expected; frequently none to Site search in "Network Admin" returns less results than expected; frequently none
10 months ago
- Owner changed from johnbillion to jeremyfelt
- Status changed from accepted to assigned