Remove title attributes: the Tools > Import screen
|Reported by:||afercia||Owned by:||ocean90|
|Component:||Import||Keywords:||has-screenshots, has-patch, title-attribute|
See related #24766 and all the following tickets about title attributes.
In the Import screen, users can install and run plugins ("importers") to import posts or comments from other systems. This is a very unique screen in WordPress, with some peculiarities.
The title attributes on the plugin name are the only way the importer status (installed, not installed, active...) is communicated to users. These title attributes are also "dynamic", meaning they change depending on the plugin status. See screenshot below:
It is worth reminding that only some user groups can access the information provided by title attributes and other user groups won't have any clue about the importer status. Since it's a relevant information, should be provided in plain text.
Also, the descriptions could be improved: please notice that even when an importer is installed, the description still says "install". When it's installed and activated, the description is different (it comes from the plugin main file headers). This is more clear in the second screenshot below:
I'd propose to consider to:
- get rid of the table used for layout purposes
- use more semantic markup: it's a list of plugins, so should be marked up as a list (screen readers will announce the number of items in the list)
- display the importer plugin status in plain text
- unify the descriptions from the wp.org API, the ones in the core, and the ones in the plugin headers
Would greatly appreciate feedback and help aboht the visual part from UI and design people :)
Change History (63)
- Keywords has-patch added; ui-feedback needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.6
- Owner changed from afercia to ocean90
- Status changed from assigned to accepted