Content-Type header case sensitive
|Reported by:||johnleach||Owned by:||markjaquith|
|Component:||General||Keywords:||headers mime type http wp-cache has-patch|
Wordpress 2.0.6 (and below) use of the Content-Type header is inconsistent. In most places it sends "Content-Type" but in some, particularly the RSS templates, it sends "Content-type" (note the lowercase 't')
RFC2616 implies that this header is case sensitive.
I came across this whilst using the WP-Cache plugin. It is strict about the header case and ignores the RSS feed content types, overriding it with it's own default of html/text. So WP-Cached RSS feeds end up with the wrong content-type, breaking some feed readers.
Change History (10)
10 years ago
- Milestone changed from 2.0.7 to 2.2
- Owner changed from anonymous to markjaquith
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from 2.4 to 2.3