Export gzip support
|Reported by:||PozHonks||Owned by:|
The ticket may be similar to #3178, but it is not, because we control the WordPress process.
Importing a wordpress.xml file to another wordpress may fail due to an upload_max_filesize and post_max_size directives in php.ini. You know that many web hosts allow only an upload_max_filesize of 2 MB. Though, compression is a great help.
A simple solution is, on one side, offering an option to compress in GZ format the xml file when exporting, and, on the other side, the WordPress importer will accept the compressed file.
And, when possible, WordPress importer should accept compressed files from other formats and blogs.
Just say you only accept one compression format (gz, zip, etc) and the user will comply.
Change History (24)
- Priority changed from low to high
- Severity changed from minor to major
- Type changed from enhancement to defect
comment:12 lloydbudd — 6 years ago
- Summary changed from WordPress to WordPress import fails with big files to Export gzip support
- Keywords changed from has-patch, needs-testing to has-patch needs-testing
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch needs-testing removed
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to Future Release
- Component changed from Administration to Import
- Priority changed from high to normal
- Severity changed from major to normal