It is possible to create multiple categories with the same name and same slug
|Reported by:||johnbillion||Owned by:||rob1n|
This is a trivial one, I know.
It is possible to create multiple categories with the same name and/or same slug, and doing so breaks all concerned categories.
- Go to Manage -> Categories in the admin panel.
- Create a new category.
- Create another category with the same name and/or same slug.
- Place some posts into these categories (so they show up on the blog) and then attempt to browse one of the categories via the blog. A 404 Not Found error is returned on all categories concerned.
Either the user is alerted that they are attempting to create a duplicate category, or the duplicate category is created with a numerical suffix on the slug (eg. articles-2) much the same as is done with multiple blog posts that have the same titles.
IMO the first option would be preferable.
Change History (16)
9 years ago
- Milestone set to 2.1.1
- Priority changed from lowest to high
- Severity changed from minor to major
- Milestone changed from 2.1.3 to 2.2
- Owner changed from anonymous to rob1n
- Status changed from new to assigned