Custom Logo with alternative text
|Reported by:||taijacg||Owned by:|
When experimenting with the new Theme Logo system in 4.5, I noticed the following a11y issue:
Steps to reproduce:
- In customizer, upload logo under Site Identity
- Add alternative text to logo in upload interface
- Follow on screen process to crop image
Cropped image does not inherit alternative text from original, and an option to add new alternative text is not provided as part of the workflow. As a result, the image file name is very likely to end up as the alternative text for the site logo.
- Alternative text to be copied automatically to the cropped image OR
- an opportunity be given for users to add new alt text to the cropped image AND / OR
- site identity information (site title/etc) be used as alt text if none is provided
There is also no easy way provided to filter the logo alt text, or fetch only the image, so that this issue can be worked around at the theme level.