Static Front Page section/controls should be contextual and allow assignment to page stubs
|Reported by:||westonruter||Owned by:||westonruter|
With the introduction of the ability to add new page stubs via Nav Menu Items (#34923) this also brings focus to the Static Front Page. If there are no created published pages, the registration of this section and its controls is skipped entirely (checking get_pages()). However, since a page (stub) can actually be created inside the customizer, it would stand to reason that this newly created page should also be able to be assigned as the static front page or page for posts.
There are a few part to this:
- Register static_front_page section and controls regardless if there are published pages, and add active_callbacks that return true if 0 !== count( get_pages( 'number' => 1 ) )
- Sync the page stubs created via nav menus into the dropdown-pages controls for page_on_front and page_for_posts.
- And then lastly there is providing a seamless way to actually edit the content of these pages that get assigned to the homepage or the page for posts. See #38002 (Customize: provide a path to editing posts created in nav menus)
Related: #16379 (Better UI for doing "Page on Front")
Change History (21)
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.7
7 months ago
7 months ago
- Keywords commit added
- Owner set to westonruter
- Status changed from new to reviewing