Enable Video Headers in Custom Headers
|Reported by:||davidakennedy||Owned by:||joemcgill|
|Component:||Themes||Keywords:||has-patch ui-feedback ux-feedback dev-feedback has-screenshots|
Atmospheric videos on your site can be pretty dang cool, especially with the rise of more video content. Allowing video headers to be used, in addition to header images, would give users and themers more ways to make awesome sites with WordPress.
Some other site-building platforms have recently implemented video headers:
Some prominent examples in the wild:
This would be a great addition for WordPress users and is needed to fulfill the vision of Twenty Seventeen.
A few things to think about:
- Handling the fallback for mobile devices and/or browsers that do not support the video tag.
- File upload sizes: how should this be communicated to users?
- Sizing, as in width and height. How should this be handled?
- Accessibility: What are the best "default" options to give a good experience to everyone while pulling off the feature elegantly.
- Should there be options for the user to control the video in different ways, like, speed, etc.?
- Can video links/URLs be allowed as well as uploads, like Youtube, Vimeo, etc.
Change History (112)
in reply to:
5 months ago
4 months ago
- Keywords ui-feedback ux-feedback dev-feedback has-screenshots added