HTTP Errors on Upload with Certain PDFs
|Reported by:||mikeschroder||Owned by:||mikeschroder|
However, this means that time is spent creating this render, which increases the chance that a user will see an HTTP Error. WordPress automatically falls back to old behavior (the PDF icon) when a PDF thumbnail can't be created, which means that the HTTP error for those users means "Your upload happened successfully, but the PDF thumbnails didn't get created."
Let's use this ticket to discuss/add workarounds for this issue, and better represent to users what happens in this scenario.
Please attach any problem PDFs you encounter.
Other information that is useful includes:
- Hosting you were using when you encountered the issue
- Specific HTTP Error code and output from debug tools, if available
- Details from @joemcgill's debug media plugin.
Change History (38)
6 months ago
- Keywords needs-patch removed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed