Media: link text for uploaded PDFs doesn't match the filename
|Reported by:||designsimply||Owned by:|
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to wp-admin > Posts > Add New
- Click the "Add Media" button
- Drag a PDF with a filename that includes uppercase and spaces into the media upload area
- Make sure "Link to" is set to "Media File"
- Click the "Insert into post" button
Result: the link text uses all lowercase and replaces spaces with dashes, but the expected behavior is that the link text will match the case and spacing of the filename itself. This happens regardless of whether a title is set in the meta data for the file.
Example: upload a PDF named 6.2 Wild Colonial Boy, The - Music A G.pdf, the link text is set to “6-2a-wild-colonial-boy-the-music-a-g” instead of the expected “6.2a Wild Colonial Boy, The - Music A G".