Theme starter content pages 404 if multiple auto-drafts were saved
|Reported by:||dlh||Owned by:||westonruter|
|Component:||Customize||Keywords:||has-patch has-unit-tests commit dev-reviewed|
Steps to replicate running Twenty Seventeen on a "fresh" install:
- Open the Customizer
- Do something that adds new auto-drafts of the starter content. For example, refresh the Customizer.
- Publish the starter content.
- Visit the frontend and attempt to navigate to one of the starter content page, like "Contact," and see the page 404.
Publishing the starter content publishes the most-recently created auto-draft, but the earlier ones (with lower IDs) remain. get_page_by_path() doesn't account for post status, so when you visit the starter content page, the query returns the auto-draft.
Change History (19)
5 months ago
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 4.7
- Owner set to westonruter
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Status changed from new to accepted