Customize: menu widgets lose edit shortcuts when added/refreshed
|Reported by:||sirbrillig||Owned by:||westonruter|
|Component:||Customize||Keywords:||has-patch commit fixed-major|
When a Custom Menu widget is first added to a page or when it is refreshed (eg: by changing its title), the menu does does not have an edit shortcut added. The widget does get an edit shortcut (see #39352 for info about the two shortcuts) but the one for the menu is not present until the customizer is reloaded.
Steps to reproduce:
- Make sure your site has at least one nav menu created.
- Add a new Custom Menu widget in a theme that supports partials (eg: Twenty Seventeen).
- Set that widget to display an existing nav menu.
- Click on the edit shortcut for the widget.
Expected behavior: the nav menu control will be shown.
Actual behavior: the widget control is shown.
Originally reported by @westonruter in #39101.
Change History (14)
4 months ago
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
2 months ago
- Keywords commit added; needs-testing removed
- Owner set to westonruter
- Status changed from new to accepted
2 months ago
- Keywords fixed-major added
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened