Links in titles block editing links in dashboard
|Reported by:||elharo||Owned by:|
Another bug caused by markup in titles and this one's theme independent.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a post with a title containing a link like this:
<a href="http://www.cafeaulait.org/">Is This a Security Issue?</a>
- Go to your the dashboard; i.e. blog/wp-admin. In the sidebar look at the POSTS. The first post should now have a link like this:
<a href="editing link"><a href="http://www.cafeaulait.org/">Is This a Security Issue?</a></a>
This is invalid, but in most browsers the link you follow when clicking comes from the supplied title rather than the internal edit link for that post.
I've verified this in 2.0.7 and others have verified it in the 2.1.3 RC and the trunk.
I suspect the fix involves removing links, and probably all other markup from the title before sticking it in the posts sidebar on the admin page.
Change History (4)
- Component changed from Administration to Security
- Milestone changed from 2.0.10 to 2.1.3
- Priority changed from high to normal
- Resolution set to fixed
- Severity changed from blocker to normal
- Status changed from new to closed
- Version changed from 2.0.7 to 2.1.2