Redirect Old Slugs feature needs to redirect slugs for pages, not just posts, and redirect old permalink structure
|Reported by:||Denis-de-Bernardy||Owned by:||markjaquith|
|Component:||Canonical||Keywords:||has-patch needs-refresh needs-unit-tests|
Create a page, browse to it, edit it, change its slug, WP redirects to the old page's slug and serves a 404. Wasn't WP 2.1 or WP 2.2 supposed to make the redirect old slug feature built-in?
Along the same lines, it would be sweet if instead of simply redirect old slugs, WP would redirect old urls. When the date changes, when the page parent changes, or when the permalink structure changes, the url changes but neither of WP, the redirect old slug plugin, the permalink redirect plugin, or anything else catches this.
Change History (29)
10 years ago
- Milestone changed from 2.2.2 to 2.4
- Type changed from defect to enhancement
10 years ago
- Summary changed from redirect old slug feature is very broken to Redirect Old Slugs feature needs to redirect slugs for pages, not just posts, and redirect old permalink structure
- Component changed from General to Permalinks
- Owner changed from anonymous to ryan
- Component changed from Permalinks to Canonical
- Owner changed from ryan to markjaquith