Delete Cache by Group
|Reported by:||filosofo||Owned by:|
|Component:||Cache API||Keywords:||has-patch close|
Currently, you have to specify the id of the cached item in order to delete it via wp_cache_delete, or you have to flush the entire cache via wp_cache_flush.
Instead, it would be helpful if one were able to delete an entire group without having to flush all of the cache.
For example, term-related plugins could expect their particular caches to be deleted whenever changes to any terms were made, instead of having to use callbacks for every term-related action.
Change History (12)
comment:5 @sc0ttkclark — 3 years ago
- Cc lol@… added
- Keywords dev-feedback added
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Version set to 2.2
comment:6 @SergeyBiryukov — 3 years ago
- Component changed from Administration to Cache
- Keywords cache wp_cache_delete removed
- Milestone set to Awaiting Review
comment:9 @sc0ttkclark — 3 years ago
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from reopened to closed