Format of feed (RSS, Atom) should be an option
|Reported by:||terraces||Owned by:|
Currently, WordPress uses RSS 2.0 as the default format for its syndication feeds
In case anyone wants a different default format, he must hack Wordpress core (or tell users to use /feed/type rather than /feed, but he still needs to change any page / template that links to the feeds).
This patch allows users to choose default RSS type in the admin interface, in the Options / Reading page.
This patch has been created from the current 2.3 SVN code (trunk).
- wp-includes/feed.php: Adds a wp_dropdown_feeds() method, that lists available feed types within <option> items to be used in a <select> list
- wp-admin/options-reading.php: Displays the <select> list in the RSS options form to let user choose default type. Chosen type is saved as 'rss_format' in the wp_options table
- wp-includes/functions.php: Use get_options('rss_format') rather than 'rss2' default for feed type
Change History (24)
9 years ago
- Summary changed from Allow users to choose type of RSS feeds to Format of feed (RSS, Atom) should be an option
- Component changed from Administration to Feeds
- Keywords needs-patch close dup added; has-patch removed
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to Future Release