Wordpress editor "forgets" everything after </textarea>
|Reported by:||Nosve||Owned by:|
|Component:||General||Keywords:||forms textarea needs-patch|
I have two pages, 'Content' and 'Feedback', on the Wordpress-based site redesign I'm working on (http://www.genocideintervention.net/testdrive/wordpress) that have forms on them. Most of the form's inputs (text and textarea types) appear just fine. However, there is a bug regarding the 'submit' button of either form. As soon as I add the button to the page code and save, it appears on the site just fine. If I ever go back to the page editor and edit the page further, however, it's as if the site forgets the button ever existed. The submit button disappears from the page, along with the <tr> and <td> that it was contained in. Even more strangely, the submit button isn't even really gone--it appears in the page editor window, right below the page content text box, as you can see in the attached screencap. It has just disappeared from the code and the site.
I know the form works--I've tested it during the times immediately proceeding my adding the submit button code. But having to rewrite my submit <td> after every tweak is driving me mad! And while I don't know if this bug could have malicious applications, having page code apparently executing within the editor can't be a good thing...
Change History (18)
- Summary changed from Wordpress page editor "forgets" submit button on form to Wordpress editor "forgets" everything after </textarea>
9 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from 2.2.2 to 2.4 (future)
- Milestone changed from 2.5 to 2.6
- Priority changed from normal to low
- Severity changed from major to minor
- Milestone 2.6 deleted
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed