OK/Cancel dialogs should have choices specific to the situation
|Reported by:||novasource||Owned by:|
The confirmation dialogs are not intuitive as their fixed OK/Cancel buttons require a layer of interpretation.
For example, to delete a draft, you get a dialog where you must read the explanation to understand if you should hit OK or Cancel. This is unintuitive and could invite errors.
The buttons' names should directly correspond to the choice I am about to make.
If this is not possible to change dialog button names, you shouldn't use a dialog at all, instead modifying the form to show two additional buttons right below the delete draft button that have appropriate text.
The dialog that appears when you navigate away from a draft without saving is just as bad, although I am not sure how possible a workaround is there.
Change History (21)
comment:2 @JeremyVisser — 8 years ago
- Component changed from General to Administration
- Milestone changed from 2.3 (trunk) to 2.4 (future)
- Priority changed from normal to low
- Severity changed from normal to minor
comment:3 @novasource — 8 years ago
- Priority changed from low to normal
- Severity changed from minor to normal
comment:6 in reply to: ↑ 5 ; follow-up: ↓ 8 @foolswisdom — 8 years ago
- Summary changed from Make confirmation dialogs more intuitive to OK/Cancel dialogs should have chooses specific to the situation
comment:7 @novasource — 8 years ago
- Summary changed from OK/Cancel dialogs should have chooses specific to the situation to OK/Cancel dialogs should have choices specific to the situation
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to 2.8
- Owner changed from anonymous to azaozz
- Owner azaozz deleted