Proposal for HTTP POST and REQUEST API
|Reported by:||darkdragon||Owned by:||jacobsantos|
Given that some hosts are paranoid, it would be a good idea to have a failover for fsockopen and/or fopen.
Given some of my tests and passed experience there are three ways to attempt a HTTP call that works on both PHP 4.3+ and PHP 5 and a few more ways added to just PHP 5.
- Curl (if extension loaded)
- Fopen (if ini_settings allows for this. however, PHP 4 and PHP 5 has an extra ini setting for allowing fopen and closing include(_once)/require(_once)
- Sockets (fsockopen) (second prefer for PHP 4)
- Streams (prefer for PHP 5 and PHP 4)
- HTTP (PHP 5.2) (if exists, and if anyone knows how to use it, then use this for PHP 5.2)
If none of these work, then just spit out some error saying the hosts sucks or something.
What about Snoopy?
Snoopy supports two of the five, so either expand upon Snoopy, do proper testing and use it instead or just basically hack a few working functions up.
I would choose to hack a few functions up, given that it would be probably easier to add the remaining three to Snoopy. There should still be a function or two for which can be refactored later to use Snoopy.
Something about Tuesday
Matt said something about Tuesday, but I'm unsure how quickly I can get this API out by myself... Actually, I kid, should only take about 3 hours, tops. Except for HTTP as I have no idea how to work for it.
Change History (174)
comment:35 @santosj — 7 years ago
- Keywords has-patch tested added; needs-patch needs-testing removed
comment:118 @santosj — 7 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch needs-unit-tests added; has-patch tested dev-feedback removed