Category Parent/Child Tree
|Reported by:||iacas||Owned by:|
Short of building my own recursive function, I'd like WordPress to support a method to get a parent/child category ID tree. One function (get_category_parents) already does this except with the names of the categories. Another function, cat_is_ancestor_of in category.php appears to be usable, but I've been unable to get it to work.
In short, I'm trying to solve the problem of figuring out what top-most parent category a blog entry belongs to so that I can do some various things with CSS, sidebars, etc.
Change History (8)
- Component changed from Template to Taxonomy
- Priority changed from normal to low
- Severity changed from normal to minor
5 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch removed
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from new to closed