Make wp_list_* functions all behave similarly...
|Reported by:||pishmishy||Owned by:|
|Component:||Themes||Keywords:||has-patch accessibility lists|
The sidebar template typically uses lists of lists to prettily display lists of pages, categories and bookmarks. Lists of pages, categories and bookmarks are forced to be items of lists themselves as the functions wp_list_pages(),wp_list_categories() and wp_list_bookmarks() wrap the output of functions in <li>..</li> tags by default.
Lists are intended to indicate something about the structure of the document where as these forced <li> tags appear to be intended to provide pretty indentation. Nested-lists can also provide confusion for non-visual readers.
wp_list_bookmarks() provides the ability to override this with category_before and category_after options. wp_list_pages() and wp_list_categories() should offer similar options. Ideally the accessible approach would be the default for these options but I don't believe this is possible without breaking existing themes.
Change History (25)
comment:1 follow-up: ↓ 3 @pishmishy — 8 years ago
- Keywords has-patch lists added
- Owner changed from anonymous to pishmishy
- Severity changed from trivial to normal
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Summary changed from Lists within lists to Make wp_list_* functions all behave similarly...
comment:13 @ryan — 7 years ago
- Owner changed from pishmishy to ryan
- Status changed from assigned to new
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch needs-testing removed
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to Future Release