wpautop() issue with lists
|Reported by:||Narc0tiq||Owned by:|
|Component:||Formatting||Keywords:||xhtml needs-patch wpautop|
First of all, my sincere apologies if this is a duplicate.
The problem, in short: WordPress inserted a number of unclosed <p> tags into my post. It should either insert correctly closed tags, or none at all. I honestly would prefer the former.
In detail: I had HTML code very similar to this:
This was automatically converted to:
Note the extra <p> tag in the above, which is unclosed (making the W3C validator choke on my website).
Also note, I was not using the WYSIWYG editor (turning it off was the first thing I did), so it's unlikely to be due to that.
As a workaround, manually inserting properly closed <p> tags works just fine:
Since this workaround exists, the bug is not very prioritary, but it should also (hopefully) be easy to fix.
Change History (11)
- Keywords autop added
- Milestone set to 2.4
- Priority changed from low to normal
- Severity changed from trivial to normal
comment:4 @Viper007Bond — 7 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch added; xhtml autop removed
- Summary changed from Unclosed p tags -- not XHTML-compliant! to wpautop() issue with nested lists
comment:9 @Jani Uusitalo — 4 years ago
- Summary changed from wpautop() issue with nested lists to wpautop() issue with lists