wpautop() issue with lists
|Reported by:||Narc0tiq||Owned by:|
|Component:||Formatting||Keywords:||needs-patch needs-unit-tests wpautop|
Description (last modified by johnbillion)
First of all, my sincere apologies if this is a duplicate.
The problem, in short: WordPress inserted a number of unclosed <p> tags into my post. It should either insert correctly closed tags, or none at all. I honestly would prefer the former.
In detail: I had HTML code very similar to this:
<ul> <li>text<ul> <li>subtext</li> </ul>more text</li> </ul>
This was automatically converted to:
<ul> <li>text<ul> <li>subtext</li> </ul><p>more text</li> </ul>
Note the extra <p> tag in the above, which is unclosed (making the W3C validator choke on my website).
Also note, I was not using the WYSIWYG editor (turning it off was the first thing I did), so it's unlikely to be due to that.
As a workaround, manually inserting properly closed <p> tags works just fine:
<ul> <li>text<ul> <li>subtext</li> </ul><p>more text</p></li> </ul>
Since this workaround exists, the bug is not very prioritary, but it should also (hopefully) be easy to fix.
Change History (14)
- Keywords autop added
- Milestone set to 2.4
- Priority changed from low to normal
- Severity changed from trivial to normal
9 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch added; xhtml autop removed
- Summary changed from Unclosed p tags -- not XHTML-compliant! to wpautop() issue with nested lists
5 years ago
- Summary changed from wpautop() issue with nested lists to wpautop() issue with lists
13 months ago
- Keywords needs-unit-tests added; xhtml wpautop removed
- Milestone Future Release deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed