Files uploaded via FTP (or other means outside of WP) don't show up in the Upload Manager
|Reported by:||stpagh||Owned by:|
Hello, I'm new to WordPress, but the first thing I want to do seems to be a problem. I have read a discussion about it here: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/106176?replies=7 but there does not appear to be a solution as yet.
When a large file is uploaded via FTP it is not visible in the Upload Manager where you can click on the file and have a link to it created in the post entry. We are trying to publish our pastor's sermons and so the file sizes will be quite large and it does not appear that we can upload them through the normal Upload feature as the browser times out. I want the process to be as easy as possible for none techy people so the interface is great, but we have to be able to use it with our files!
Any way this could be fixed for the upcoming release?
Change History (8)
comment:2 @foolswisdom — 7 years ago
- Component changed from WordPress.org to Administration
- Milestone 2.5 deleted
- Owner changed from matt to anonymous
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Summary changed from Files uploaded via FTP don't show up in the Upload Manager to Files uploaded via FTP (or other means outside of WP) don't show up in the Upload Manager