some registration emails fail in 2.3.1 b/c of "callout verification"
|Reported by:||camner||Owned by:||westi|
Registration emails sent to certain addresses where "callout verification" is enabled will fail. The following delivery failure notice will be generated:
A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<t231@…>:
host recipient_domain.com [xxx.22.96.xxx]: 550-Verification failed for <wordpress@…>
550-Previous (cached) callout verification failure
550 Sender verify failed
This was not an issue with WP 2.2, but occurs on an upgrade to 2.3.1, or a fresh 2.3.1 install with no plugins enabled and the default theme.
Change History (19)
- Owner changed from anonymous to westi
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Summary changed from some registration emails fail in 2.3.1 to some registration emails fail in 2.3.1 b/c of "callout verification"
comment:13 westi — 6 years ago
- Milestone changed from 2.5 to 2.3.3
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened