Make WordPress Core

Opened 21 months ago

Closed 21 months ago

Last modified 21 months ago

#56938 closed defect (bug) (worksforme)

WP 6.0.3: text with < > not seen

Reported by: spiritdude's profile spiritdude Owned by:
Milestone: Priority: normal
Severity: normal Version: 6.0.3
Component: Formatting Keywords: reporter-feedback needs-testing-info
Focuses: Cc:

Description

I just upgraded to 6.0.3, any text in posts/pages which has <something> no longer is seen, but is translated as HTML direct. Before with 6.0.1 it translated to &lt ;something&gt ; in HTML so it rendered again as <something>. Most annoying is, any <s> now renders as stroke text for the rest of the page.

Change History (7)

This ticket was mentioned in Slack in #core-test by ironprogrammer. View the logs.


21 months ago

#2 @ironprogrammer
21 months ago

  • Keywords reporter-feedback needs-testing-info added
  • Version set to 6.0.3

Welcome to Trac, @spiritdude, and thank you for the report!

To move this ticket forward, would you please clarify the following?

  • The HTML tags being used (i.e. are they valid tags, or literally <something>).
  • If the content is within blocks, or using the classic editor.

Steps that could be used for other contributors to reproduce this issue would be extremely valuable! Here is a link to a testing instructions template to get started.

#3 @BrentLeavitt
21 months ago

I just ran a quick test in one of my personal sites which is running version 6.0.3 on using "<something>" in the body of a post, as well as "<s>" and "<div>" tags, and was not able to immediately reproduce it.

I was in the block editor when I ran the test.

So yes, more info on how this bug was created would be helpful.

#4 @spiritdude
21 months ago

@ironprogrammer @BrentLeavitt I was able to get proper output again after I disabled "Easy Table of Contents" plugin, not sure how Block Editor and that plugin managed to render "<something>" into actual HTML <something> (without html escaping) instead of &lt;something&gt; - will investigate. Thanks for such quick response. I was very surprised most of my content got scrambled after "upgrading", and now it seems a rogue plugin caused it, I will contact the devs and see if this is related to Block Editor or is just plugin centric.

#5 @spiritdude
21 months ago

The issue is resolved, it was the "Easy Table of Contents" plugin, with 2.0.35.2 update of the plugin the issue is resolved.

Ref https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp-6-0-3-with-this-plugin-text-with-no-longer-seen/

#6 @spiritdude
21 months ago

  • Resolution set to worksforme
  • Status changed from new to closed

#7 @ironprogrammer
21 months ago

  • Milestone Awaiting Review deleted

Thanks for the follow up!

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.