Make _wp_comment_list_item filter the post's title
|Reported by:||henrikmelin||Owned by:|
In the _wp_comment_list_item() function the post title is currently formatted using wp_specialchars. Since this has no hook it is not possible to change or format the title prior to it being displayed.
I propose that the standard formatting filter 'the_title' is applied instead, using get_the_title($post->ID), making it accessible to plugins (and formatted in the same way it is formatted everywhere else, for consistency).
This is dependent on ticket #5746. This change makes the ID available to the 'the_title' filter.
Change History (9)
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to Future Release
- Summary changed from Make _wp_comment_list_item use 'the_title' filter to format the title to Make _wp_comment_list_item filter the post's title
comment:7 johnbillion — 2 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch removed
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed