Add Owner role
|Reported by:||tellyworth||Owned by:|
This patch adds a new 'owner' role. The owner is an administrator who cannot be demoted, deleted or edited by other administrators. Owner is a secondary role - the user is both an administrator and an owner.
In the current implementation there is only one owner at a time. The current owner can transfer ownership of the blog to another administrator on the Transfer Ownership tab (under Users). I implemented this as a plugin because some site owners won't want the feature there at all.
This is of most interest for MU, but it's also probably useful for some regular WordPress blogs with multiple users.
This would be particularly useful in conjunction with the user_role table from #5541, but it works fine with or without it.
Change History (10)
- Component changed from General to Role/Capability
- Owner anonymous deleted
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch removed
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to Future Release
- Milestone Future Release deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed
- Milestone set to Future Release
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Type changed from enhancement to feature request
- Version set to 3.1