Gallery display enhancements
|Reported by:||tellyworth||Owned by:||matt|
This makes the [gallery] output more configurable and useful. Changes include:
- 'Description' (excerpt) is now 'Caption'
- Captions are displayed below thumbs in the main gallery display
- Thumb gallery markup is improved (dl/dd/dt for icon and caption display, tags are configurable by attributes like [gallery itemtag="div"] if necessary)
- Parent id is selectable, e.g. [gallery id=123]
- Icon size is selectable, [gallery size="medium"]
- Column count is selectable, [gallery columns=4]
- Order is selectable, [gallery orderby="post_title"]
I think some of these attributes should have a UI, where you click on the Insert Gallery Into Post button, but that's not included in this patch.
The dl/dd/dt method of marking up images with captions is discussed and recommended here: