Visual Editor creates invalid Definition Lists
|Reported by:||fool4christ||Owned by:|
Creating a post in the plain code editor which includes definition lists is easy enough. However, opening them in the visual editor causes WordPress to strip out any <p> tags, creating invalid markup.
What I had coded in the Code editor was something like this, which is perfectly valid:
However, the visual editor converts that nice markup to this:
<dl> <dt>term</dt> <dd>paragraph
When output by WordPress, there is no <p> tag placed between <dd> and "paragraph"; however, the "paragraph" does receive a </p> tag, which is not balanced.
Don't know if the same problems occur with ordered and unordered lists, but this definitely should be fixed.
Change History (3)
- Component changed from TinyMCE to General
- Milestone changed from 2.5 to 2.6
- Priority changed from high to low
- Type changed from defect to enhancement
- Milestone 2.6 deleted
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed