Wordpress 2.5 fails to allow file uploads if you use .htaccess to secure wp-admin
|Reported by:||hexley||Owned by:|
See this post for confirmation of others with trouble:
Here is my .htaccess in wp-admin
AuthName "Restricted Area"
If I rename .htaccess to a.htaccess, in order to disable it, works just fine all over again.
My server logs show an http 401 error on:
So, seems to me, user/pass credentials are not getting past Flash, and it is breaking.
Change History (16)
comment:1 follow-up: ↓ 3 @markjaquith — 7 years ago
- Component changed from General to Administration
- Milestone changed from 2.5.1 to 2.6
- Priority changed from normal to low
- Version set to 2.5
- Component changed from Administration to Upload
- Owner anonymous deleted
- Milestone 2.9 deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed