Blog by email posts blank in 2.5.1 w/ HTML email
|Reported by:||geodanny||Owned by:|
|Component:||General||Keywords:||wp-mail.php has-patch needs-testing|
My blog by email posts are blank. WP is able to access the email account I have set up for blog by email purposes, along with the messages I send. The subject line becomes the title of the post; however the text within my email is redacted.
It appears that this happens during the sequence in which WP gets the contents of my email to post. Here is a copy of the confirmation email I receive from WP.
Author = *@yahoo.com
Content-type: multipart/alternative, boundary: 0-79868778-1200130438=:79225
Posted title: test
Mission complete, message 1 deleted.
As you can see, it says that there is no content to post.
Here are all the things I think might help in diagnosing this problem:
- I send email from my Yahoo! account (HTML) email account.
- I tested the bug and it only happens with HTML formatted email from Outlook, Yahoo!, or GMail accounts. Email sent as text only don't appear to have a problem.
- I use WP 2.5.1. I had a similar problem with 2.1 and 2.2 and fixed it according to the fix on Bug 4337 - http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4337. It reappeared when I installed 2.3.1. I have been very good at installing updates and it still occurs with 2.5.1. The same fix does not correct my problems now.
Any ideas on how I can fix this? Are there any debugging logs I should turn on to further help diagnose the source of my problem?
I posted this to the forums without realizing I could make a bug report.
Change History (8)
9 years ago
- Keywords wp-mail.php has-patch added
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened