pass $post_id to filters in sanitize_post_field() on post updates - same for users, etc.
|Reported by:||whoismanu||Owned by:|
|Component:||Posts, Post Types||Keywords:||has-patch needs-testing gsoc close|
the function sanitize_post_field in wp-includes/post.php calls most of the "database writes" post filters (e.g. content_save_pre). if a post is updated or created, the function is called in a database context ('db' == $context) and the $post_id argument is not passed to the "database writes" filters. while i understand this behavior on post creation ($post_id not yet available) it seems to me that on a post update the $post_id is readily available and could/should be passed to the filters as well.
an example where this would be useful is a case where i want to access a custom field value of a post that is currently being updated from the function hooked into content_save_pre. in its current form without the $post_id argument this doesn't seem to be possible.
Change History (7)
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from 2.8 to Future Release
- Keywords filters sanitize_post_field posting removed
- Summary changed from pass $post_id to filters in sanitize_post_field() on post updates to pass $post_id to filters in sanitize_post_field() on post updates - same for users, etc.
comment:5 wojtek.szkutnik — 4 years ago
- Cc wojtek.szkutnik@… added
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing gsoc added; needs-patch removed